Category Manager | 3-5 yrs Exp | WFO| Full time | Gurgaon
Report to: Head- Marketing
Travel: 20% of the time
About the Company
It is a US based Solar Product Organization with a mission to ‘Transform Lives with Sustainable Products’ is a global leader and pioneer in delivering affordable solar-powered solutions designed for the two billion people in the developing world without access to reliable energy. The company provides distributed solar energy solutions and energy efficient appliances for households and small businesses that are transforming the way people all over the world use and pay for energy. Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United States.
The Company has transformed more than 125 million lives through it’s solar lights and power products in 70 countries. We envision a brighter future where all people are empowered to enjoy the quality of life that comes with access to affordable and sustainable products.
Job Expectation and Scope
Category Manager will be responsible for creating relevant categories and subcategories for the company to help build deeper understanding of the consumers, the pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximize consumer appeal. He/She Should have an overall P&L thought process, trade-offs that need to be made and impact of various decisions on different line items of the P&L.
1. Using consumer research, internal and external understanding, data, intuition, creating relevant categories and sub-categories for the company to help build deeper understanding of the consumers, their behaviors, needs / wants across different occasions.
2. Competition analysis (pricing/promotions/launches) & study of industry trends to provide key inputs for conceptualization, Communication of the products in the category.
3. Category & PnL management – ownership of sourcing, value chain, developing cash flow models and business proposals to meet financial goals.
4. Design the GTM and scale up for new categories/new SKUs. Plan and manage the company's overall sourcing strategy.
5. Own & execute demand generation activities to meet category objectives. Own and execute monthly/weekly category merchandising, visibility & consumer communication plan to drive new to platform acquisition, New to category acquisition and repeat to category.
6. Work closely, across functions (Backend Supply Chain, Delivery Ops, Merchandising, Planning team, Brand & Offline & Digital Marketing Team) for Planning, Supply Chain and Procurement: Follow up and coordinate on supply chain deliverables of key marketing activities, procurement targets, monitoring sourcing price, packaging development and its pricing. Packaging design development and execution for products. NPD: Guide on New product Development and developing features in existing products.
7. Identify and build relationships with vendors and key suppliers - Engage with suppliers on new projects, cost reduction and optimization opportunities. 8. Negotiate pricing and cost control, draw out a cost reduction plan for each category.
9. Develop and maintain documents and agreements.
10. Keep abreast of the industry practices, market trends and best practices.
11. Adhere to the relevant guidelines and regulations.
12.Lead the ‘Make in India’ strategy for the organization across key categories like inverters, batteries, solar panels, fans, portable lights etc.
13.Design and implement holistic sourcing strategies aligned with the business targets.
14. Innovation & portfolio management - drive regional product roadmap through innovation, phase-gate process and operational excellence.
15.Consumer insights & research – design & run experiments to identify new opportunities, forecast market trends, boost revenue through existing portfolio.
16.Evaluate key performance indicators, provide ongoing reports, and recommend business plan updates.
17.Manage monthly dashboards for marketing excellence, inventory updates, project tracker, and raising a red flag for the areas needing attention.
18.Develop and implement data analysis, leverage data collection systems and other strategies that optimize Business and Customer satisfaction.
19.Support channel with sourcing strategies, cost reductions, market intelligence, competition insights and sales promotion campaigns.
20.Managing/updating marketing repository, developing product launch kits highlighting FAB (Features, Attributes, and Benefits) for the portfolio.
21.Cross-functional collaboration and managing key stakeholders through regular updates for the on-going/upcoming projects.
Successful Candidate Profile
1. Min. Business Graduate / post-graduate from premier Management Institution Master’s Degree from premier institute preferred MBA/PGDM in Marketing
2. Good sourcing experience for key categories - inverters, batteries, solar panels, fans, portable lights etc.
3. Minimum of 3 to 5 Years of relevant category management.
4. Similar Industry candidate preferable.
5. Advanced analytical skills with experience in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating abundant information with accuracy.
6. Deep Experience with managing budgets, cash-flow models and business proposals.
7. Proficiency with MS Office programs and structuring Internal & External communications for successful deal negotiations & Senior Management Approvals
8. Proficient in both oral and written English.
9. Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and organize. Demonstrate high values of ownership in a dynamic and fast-paced-culture.
10. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
Compensation and Benefits: Very competitive package/ Negotiable/Open/Not a constraint
Location : Gurgaon
How to Apply: Please share your updated CV at email@example.com
Please share your comments or queries below and we would love to reply on it